[ic] Gift Certificates and Coupons

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 04:01:01 2001

In the foundation demo one of the items is a $1.00 gift certificate.  I
placed an order for one and received the normal email stating I had
purchased a gift certificate.  Is there code built into the foundation
demo for using this gift certificate?  If there is not, is there code in
IC for handling the redeeming of the gift certificate?

I'd also like to setup coupons in this new store.  Should I look into
making my own system for issuing and redeeming coupons or is this
something that exists already?  The only thing I found in the docs was
the discount tag which can be applied to an item or cart as a whole to
give a discount.  I imagine I could build something that would contain a
list of coupons, compare that against the coupon entered and validate
the conditions of the coupon had been met before applying the discount.

Thank you,
-Ron