[ic] Catalogs

Tue Sep 4 20:49:01 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Tito Abreu wrote:

TA>>Please, i really need some help!
TA>>I sent several e-mails and none of them has been answered.

Probably because your questions are too general.

TA>>That's my question:
TA>>I need to change the product catalog of my IC store. That is currently the
TA>>Demo site, the one that came together with version 4.8.1.

"I bought a house and a car came with it. How do I change the car."

TA>>I need to raise the number of products and modify them as well.
TA>>How can I do this?

"I want to add more cars to the house, and change their colors. How can
I do this?"

Far out examples? Perhaps.

"The Lord helps them that helps themselves!"

>From your questions, you have obviously gotten IC up and running, or
someone has done it for you.

IC is NOT simple. It has a VERY steep learning curve. The documentation
is difficult to deal with, but with a lot of time and a lot of work
your store can become just what you want it to be.

Maybe some other e-commerce packages would also meet your needs and not
be so difficult to del with?

Otherwise, you need to do a lot of experimentation. Try things out and
see what happens when you change something. Keep lots of back ups. Go
through the mailing list archives and see what's gone on before.

If you really need to have someone hold your hand and walk you through
this, then contact the folks at akopia.com and set up a Tech Support
arrangement with them.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, September 04, 2001 at 20:40 PM:
Help beautify our dumps. Throw away something pretty.

This Linux System has been up 585 hours