[ic] Upgrade from 4.6 to 4.8

Mark R. Misko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 13:34:01 2001

Hello,
	I currently inherited an e-commerce site running an Interchange 4.6
system.  I want to upgrade to version 4.8 as it seems to have more
functionality, especially with the shipping methods.

	A couple questions for you who may know:

1.  Are the shipping methods and formulas consistent with the practices used
by the actual companies?  From what I have gathered, they are.

2.  Will upgrading to version 4.8 also import the newer version of the
shipping tables that are located in the "demo" 4.8 version.  Will other
tables be affected?

3.  Will any problems arise from upgrading, as far as new variable or table
names that may cause our existing catalog not to work?

Thanks for your help.  Just trying to figure this whole mess in front of me
out.

-Mark