[ic] Verisign as payment gateway

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 18:05:00 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Peter Yoo
>
> Hello All,
>
> This doc is very good but I wasn't quite sure which file I need to put
:

> $ENV{PFPRO_CERT_PATH} =
'/home/interch/verisign/payflowpro/linux/certs';

Hello Peter, this is an environment variable and should be placed in the
shell preferences file for the user that runs IC.  For bash this would
be .bashrc in the home directory.

See ya,
-Ron

> I've tried to put it in globalsub/signio but it didn't like it and
gave me
> a syntax error.
>
> Can someone please tell me which file I need to put this line?
>
> Thanks.
>
> 	Peter.
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 10:32:56AM -0400, David Totten wrote:
> > On 10 Aug 2001 09:09:03 -0500, STEVE LANGE wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > >   I was wondering if anyone has pointers for setting up Verisign
as a
> payment gateway, as opposed to Cybercash.  Any info you have would be
> great.
> > >
> > >   Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > >    Steve
> >
> > Attached is a set of instructions that I wrote for setting up
Verisign
> > as your payment gateway in interchange 4.6.5. The file was written
in
> > vim, so if you are using a windows based machine it might look
funny.
> > Also, the extension can easily be re-labled .txt.
> >
> > Dave Totten
>
> > How to configure interchange 4.6.5 to use VeriSign/Signio's Payflow
Pro
> [...]
> >
> > Introduction:
> >       The aim of this document is to explain what was necessary for
me
> >    to get VeriSign/Signo set up as my payment gateway. At the time
> >    of this writing, I was using interchange 4.6.5 and the Payflow
> >    Pro SDK version 3.00
> >
> > Getting / Installing Payflo Pro SDK
> >       After getting your Payflo Pro account set up, log in to your
> account
> >    at https://manager.verisign.com. Click the link towards the top
of
> your
> >    screen that says download.
> >       Under the section labeled Payflow Pro Software Development Kit
> (SDK),
> >    will be a link for your operating system. I used the Linux
version.
> >       Once you have downloaded the software, uncompress it. I
> uncompressed
> >    the file in my interchange users directory /home/interch/.  You
> should
> >    now have a new subdirectory named verisign.
> >       I changed directory to
> /home/interch/verisign/payflowpro/linux/lib.
> >    The file libpfpro.so needs to be copied into one of your system
> >    library paths, or you need to modify your LD_LIBRARY_CONF
environment
> >    variable to include the directory that you want to store this
file.
> >    I chose to copy libpfpro.so into /usr/lib/. In order to do this
> though
> >    I had to become root. If you do not have root access to the
machine,
> you
> >    will need to use the LD_LIBRARY_CONF method of making this
library
> visible
> >    to the system.
> >       Once you have moved that file you will need to run ldconfig to
> make
> >    sure the system can see the new library. A good way to test that
this
> is
> >    all properly set up is to change your present directory to
> >    /home/interch/verisign/payflowpro/linux/bin/ and run ./pfpro
> >    If you get an error that says something like it couldn't load a
.so
> >    file, then you need to make sure that the payflow library is
visible.
> >       Another good thing to do is edit the test.sh file located in
the
> same
> >    bin directory so that it contains your information for the
> USER,PARTNER,
> >    PWD, and VENDOR variables. Once you have done that, run the
program.
> The
> >    output should resemble this:
> >
> >    interch@localhost:~/verisign/payflowpro/linux/bin$ ./test.sh
> >    ----------------------------------------------------
> >    ***> Performing 'pfpro' binary test transaction.....

RESULT=0&PNREF=V28A02586876&RESPMSG=Approved&AUTHCODE=874PNI&AVSADDR=X&A
VS
> ZIP=X
> >    Done with 'pfpro' binary test transaction...
> >    ---------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Making the Payflow Pro SDK work with Interchange
> >       In order to facilitate my instructions a little bit, I am
going to
> >    define a few variables that I will use in this section of
> instructions.
> >
> >    $VENDROOT is a variable that defines where the makecat and
> interchange
> >    binaries are located. In my installation (from the tarball) it is
> located
> >    at /home/interch/interchange.
> >
> >    $SRCROOT is the directory where I uncompress the interchange
tarball.
> In
> >    my situation it is ~/home/interch/src/interchange-4.6.5.
> >
> >    $CATROOT is the directory where my catalog is stored. In my
> installation,
> >    it is ~/home/interch/catalogs/ic_465/
> >
> >       Now that these definitions have been made, let's continue. The
> first
> >    thing that we want to do is copy the pfpro binary file to
> $VENDROOT/lib.
> >    The reason being is that this is where the signio global sub will
be
> >    looking for it.
> >       Next we need to make a directory in $VENDROOT called
globalsubs,
> and
> >    then copy $SRCROOT/eg/globalsubs/signio to
> $VENDROOT/globalsubs/signio.
> >    This is where we are going to tell interchange too look for our
> globalsub.
> >       In $VENDROOT, there is a file called interchange.cfg. We must
edit
> this
> >    file, and add the line:
> >
> >    #include globalsub/signio
> >
> >    I added this line towards the bottom with the with the usertag
> include.
> >
> >       Now that interchange knows about the globalsub, we need to
tell
> our
> >    catalog that we want to use signio as payment gateway. This is
done
> >    by editing our $CATROOT/catalog.cfg and adding the following
lines of
> >    information:
> >
> >    #begin signio stuff
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_ID
userid&VENDOR=userid&PARTNER=VeriSign
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_SECRET  password
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_SERVER  test-payflow.verisign.com
> >    Variable  MV_PAYMENT_MODE    custom signio
> >    #end signio stuff
> >
> >    You will of course need to modify this data so that it reflects
the
> data
> >    that Verisign/Signio has provided you. I inserted this
information
> above
> >    the section that says CreditCardAuto    Yes. You must make sure
that
> the
> >    CreditCardAuto    Yes line is either commented out (putting a #
in
> front
> >    of it) or is set to No. Also, make sure you are not using any
other
> >    payment gateway at the same time.
> >       While trying to get this integration set up on my own machine,
> >    discovered that VeriSign/Signio now require more information than
> they
> >    used to. Above I modified MV_PAYMENT_ID from what the old
> instructions
> >    said to what VeriSign/Signio recommends now. In doing this, some
of
> the
> >    old code caused some problems, and so I had to edit it. In the
file
> >    $VENDROOT/globalsub/signio I had to comment out lines 136 - 139.
> These
> >    lines look like this:
> >
> >    my $len = length($val);
> >    if($val =~ /[&=]/) {
> >      $key .= "[$len]";
> >    }
> >
> >    Just put a # in front of each one of these lines in the signio
file.

> >       Also, the pfpro executable needs to know where it can find
their
> secure
> >    certificate which is found in
> /home/interch/verisign/payflowpro/linux/certs
> >    on my machine. In order to do this, I added the following line:
> >
> >    $ENV{PFPRO_CERT_PATH} =
> '/home/interch/verisign/payflowpro/linux/certs';
> >
> >    This will set an environment variable telling pfpro where to find
> >    verisigns' secure certificate.
> >       Once you have finished making these changes, save the file.
Now we