[ic] Postgres?

Brian Kosick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 15:53:00 2001

At 08:02 PM 9/6/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there any documentation specific to using Postgres with Interchange - or
>might anyone recall any relevant threads?
>Are there any major known issues?
>
>Thanks,
>-Donal

Been using Postgres 7.1.2 for a site, with little to no problems.  The ones
that I found have been fixed by the developers (Thanks Mike!)  It really is
very easy especially, if you use makecat and a default catalog, it gives
you the option to use PGSQL right there.  The only thing that you'll have
to do beforehand, is create a user with appropriate permissions in PGSQL
and a blank database.  The makecat program will ask you for the
username/password, and the dbname.  The first time IC runs, it will
automagically create the tables and import the default data from the
products/*.txt & *.asc files)

Walla, IC running on PGSQL.  Very nice, very fast, very stable.

For PGSQL administration, I recommend something like phpPgAdmin,
especially, if you're not familiar with postgres or databases in general.

As for specific docs, I dunno, I don't recall ever seeing them in the manuals.

Brian Kosick
Web Programmer
New Age Consulting Service, Inc.
216-619-2000