[ic] tree tag

Fri Sep 7 11:55:00 2001

Quoting G?tz Verdieck (goetz.verdieck@com4office.de):
> Hi,
>
> I played around with the tree tag.
>
> So far so good:
> [tree
>             table=categories
>             master=parentCatID
>             subordinate=catID
>             continue=true
>             start=0
>             memo=1
>             spacing=4
>             full=1
>             increment=1]
>
>         [if-item-param mv_level]
>                 [item-calc]
>                         return '&nbsp' x [item-param mv_spacing];
>                 [/item-calc]
>         [/if-item-param]
>      <A HREF="[area process/index]">[item-param catName]</A>

>            mv_level=[item-param mv_level], mv_increment=[item-param
> mv_increment],
>            mv_children=[item-param mv_children]<BR>

>         [/tree]

> I get the basic tag function to run ( helped from the list archiv), but how
> can i use explode, toggle, collapse, memo ??

I *think* that should be explained in the docs. The basic idea is that
you don't use full=1. At that point, only the first level of the tree
is listed. You put a link for expanding a leaf of the tree:

	[page href=@@MV_PAGE@@
		form="
			memo=tree_memo
			toggle=[item-code]
		"][item-param catName][/page]

If you want to display + and - signs, and do other things, you
use autodetect=1, which gives the number of mv_children.

I am planning on working up an example that turns Yahoo-style
categories, i.e. Hand Tools:Brushes:Camel Hair into a collapsing
and expanding tree. I have done this many times before, but not with
the tree tag.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock