[ic] Redefine variable

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 15:21:01 2001

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Chad Wittrock
>
> Is there a way I can redefine a variable within IC? I would like to
> redefine
> [shipping] from its default to :
> 	[set total_shipping]0[/set]
> 	[item-list]
>          		[seti total_shipping][calc]
>               	[scratch total_shipping] + ([item-field
shipping] *
> [item-quantity])
>          		[/calc][/seti]
> 	[/item-list]
> 	[set shipping][scratch total_shipping][/set]
>
> Where do I find where [shipping] is defined or is this not possible?

You may want to look into using the standard shipping routines instead
of redefining what shipping does.  It seems like you could setup a
formula in the shipping.asc to use the shipping field for each product
to determine the shipping amount.  Take a look at the shipping
documentation for how to setup formulas.

-Ron