[ic] How does one customize the admin interface for a single admin sit e

Mon Sep 10 18:55:00 2001

At 11:21 PM 09/10/2001 +0100, you wrote:
> > Ok.  I would like to create a copy of the admin interface that comes with
> > the foundation catalog for each site I do.  The code for the
> > admin interface
> > seems to be under interchange/lib.  How do I take all that code and put it
> > somewhere that I can muck with it for all the sites?  And keep the source
> > under a souce code control system.
>
>make a copy in <catroot>/pages/admin/ for each catalog.
>
>this location will override the default admin pages you have found on a
>per-catalog basis. So you only need to copy the pages you intend to modify.
>
>Great eh?
>
>Jonathan
>Webmaint.

You should also be able to override UI_BASE on a per-catalog basis, to
point to an alternate directory in VENDROOT/lib/UI/pages/.  This would give
you custom UI page dir for a given catalog while keeping the actual pages
out of the client's catalog directory.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax