[ic] IC on Windows

Tue Sep 11 15:44:00 2001

Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> At 09:32 PM 09/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
> > > From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
> >[mailto:interchange-
> > > users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of George Loch
> > >
> > > Obviously, this is the WRONG group to mention the windogs platform ;)
> > >
> > > Thanks for the *help*
> > >
> > > George
> >
> >George,
> >
> >Last that I read was that it's possible to run IC on Windows with
> >ActivePerl (I think that's what it is called) installed.
>
> Theoretically.  There are "quirks" (ActiveState's terminology, not mine) in
> the Windows version of   ActivePerl which no doubt make modifications to
> the IC source necessary, but it should be doable if you are really
> determined.  A Windows-ready version of IC has not been available since the
> last release of Minivend 3.  I installed that beast on Win98 with MS
> Personal webserver, on a midrange PII (around 500Mz, I think).  Totally
> unsuitable for production use, barely adequate for messin' around.

Actually, at this point Interchange doesn't run well on ActivePerl.
It will run quite nicely on Windows if you have the Cygwin toolkit
and its Perl, though. If you get enough modules from Bundle::Interchange
installed, it is nearly transparent.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill