[ic] Unrecognized character

Wed Sep 12 04:15:00 2001

Thank's for the hint. It wasn't the apache config, it was the catalog
config. Why ever the CGI path was not ok. After I corrected this everythink
works fine.

Kim

                    racke@linuxia.de (Stefan Hornburg
                    (Racke))                                    To:     interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
                    Sent by:                                    cc:
                    interchange-users-admin@interchange.        Subject:     Re: [ic] Unrecognized character
                    redhat.com

                    11.09.2001 16:30
                    Please respond to interchange-users

kim.laue@think4you.com writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've just installed IC and built up the demo foundation catalog with
MySQL
> as DB. Everthink works fine no problems during installation.
>
> But now:
>
> I point my browser to the startpage and I get the page where I can choose
> between Customer Entrance or Admin interface. If I choose one of these
> options I always get an 500 Internal server error message.
>
> The IC logfiles did not show up problems, in the apache error.log I
found:

> ...[error] PerlRun: ....foundation: Unrecognized character \x7F at
> /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/foundation line 1.
>
> This entry is wrote to the error.log every time I choose one of the
> options.
>
> Any tip whats going wrong?

Your Apache configuration seems to be wrong.
Presumably /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/foundation isn't a Perl script.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices