[ic] *.mysql files

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 15:20:01 2001

> I use IC with  a mysql database.
> I want to insert new fields in the pricing table for example a
> field for the
> minimum order quantity.
> I changed the database with PHPAdmin.
> My question is do I also have to update the pricing.mysql file ?

the pricing.mysql file gives ic details of the field types for creation of
fields on the import of the pricing.txt file when creating the MySQL table
(say after deleting your .sql file and restarting). Having said this, ic
will still create a table using a default field type (varchar(128)?) for any
fields it finds in the .txt file but not specified in the .mysql file.

So, the answer in your case is no. But I always add them to the .mysql
anyway, so I control the table recreation (field types / indexes) on a table
recreation.

Jonathan
Webmaint.