[ic] language problems...wrong display of letters HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Thu Sep 13 14:22:00 2001

Quoting Klosar18@email.si (Klosar18@email.si):
> I'm having problems with the following letters :
> èÈ
> the rest seem to work fine
> they are used in iso-8859-2 or western europe encoding under windows
> the problem is this:
> although other characters : ¹©¾® are not saved in the mysql database as
> themselves but as some weird ASCII characters,they are later displayed
> correctly on the web page.(when you export them from interchange you get them
> also in ASCII characters...but as long as the web page works we don't care).
> This doesn't seem to be the case with ÈèÆæ.They are shown incorrectly.I
> exported the products table from mysql using DBTOOLS and noticed that the
> letters that are shown on the web page correctly are written in funny ascii
> code.But the ones that are not shown correctly are in the database written
> correctly.So it seems that interchange still has problems with non Us letters
> when it comes to writing and reading them from the database
> http://demo.igraca.com
> any help would be greatly apriciated.
> We don't care how the letters work when they are exported or imported we can
> fix this with macros.We just want them to appear correctly on the web page

We have done some things with this in CVS -- you might try checking
out a copy from the *devel* repository and seeing if that helps.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman