[ic] RE:

Jay Houghton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 11:57:00 2001

I've figured at least a solution to this, it may have been an overlook on my
part, not sure.

I was able to solve the "open_table" error, and database connection problems
encountered in the admin site by logging in with the 'interch' user.
Coincidentally in my catalog config, interch is the interchangeuser,
catuser, postgres user and the admin user.

When I had logged into the admin as 'jay' (another admin superuser account i
created with the interch admin login) I lost all database connectivity.

Now, postgres has a user called 'jay' that has permission, buy I fear that
the configured database user 'interch' needs to match the login you're under
in the admin.

problem solved, reason unknown..

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Houghton [mailto:jay@advancedsoftwarecorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 10:40 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Cc: Jay Houghton

Hello all,

I'm having some database problems that seem to be similar to these threads:

Subject: [ic] editing index.html file
Subject: [ic] UI page_edit error.

error message I'm getting is:

bin/cs1/admin/page_edit Safe: Can't call method "open_table" on an undefined
value at /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Data.pm line 899.

and:

search error: your search file a valid database reference, was 'backup'.

What I'm trying to do is edit *any* page in the admin->content>page editor,
I have track this down to the absence of database tables in
administration->info and administration->Tables

I used to get all the tables in the database, now I get none. I've
successfully configured postgres and have another system working the same
way.

I can't seem to figure this out?

IC 7.8.1
Perl Version: Perl 5.6.0 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
postgresql-7.0.3-8

Jay Houghton
Advanced Software Concepts
jay@advsw.com