[ic] Why does __IMAGE_DIR__ mean different things?

Fri Sep 14 12:58:00 2001

When I am editing a template - like "leftonly" -
I can use the variable __IMAGE_DIR__ and it comes
out to CATROOT/<site>/images, but when I try to use
it in the Page Edit area, when I put it in, the
admin interface changes it when I save to
/interchange/en_US/__IMAGE_DIR__.  Does this mean
I need to have my images in two different places?
Or is there another variable I should be using?

Also, I've noticed that the behavior of Page Edit
is very different in terms of the Save and Preview
buttons.  In Page Edit when you save, it takes you
back to the list of pages and you have to re-select
the page you were editing, but it stays in edit
mode in Template Edit.  And if you Preview in Page
Edit mode, the page is previewed in a different
window, whereas in Template Edit its in the same
window.  Are these differences intentional?  They
are kind of confusing and a pain.

Patrick Bennett
http://www.ccgenesis.com