[ic] javascript menu will not work

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 12:19:01 2001

At 09:08 PM 9/14/01 -0400, FixtureFactor.com wrote:
>Hi everybody
>I can use a javascript menu that cascades out several levels on standard
>pages on my site, but when I try to call out that script in a shoppingcart
>it doesn't work. Ive tried a couple of different kinds of menus and on one
>it says that the "access was denied" or "an object was expected" and so
>neither one shows at all.  Any suggestions?? Please?
>Thanks a lot,
>
>Sincerely,
>Aaron Hazelton
>    Vice President
>    FixtureFactor.com

Sounds like a path issue -- why don't you provide some relevant
code?  Remember that the IC pages are in the Interchange directory and
called via URLs within your cgi-bin.  That's not the same space as your
static pages.  So, either use absolute paths when you call the .js from IC,
or move a copy to a place where IC can get to it.

"an object was expected" is a Javascript error, usually because the script
is broken or if a portion of .js doesn't load correctly.

You will probably have better luck getting details from a javascript list,
or studying javascript on the web.