[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 20:46:00 2001

Thore Karlsen <thore@divineo.com> writes:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:55:04 -0400, you wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >To wrap it up nothing is "free" there is always a cost. Sometimes it's
> >time, other times it's money. But there's nothing like being able to
> >totally customize an application to work just the way you want and do
> >exactly what you want. If you find that you can't afford the time to do it
> >yourself then maybe you should hire out someone who has the knowledge to do
> >it for you.
>
> We tried that with one developer we used from time to time who was very
> knowledgeable, but he eventually grew so frustrated with Interchange that he
> didn't want to work with it any more. :/

I didn't know this developer, but IMHO he wasn't worth his dimes if
he is that knowledgeable as you state and failed to cope with
Interchange.

> I have also asked questions here on the list without getting anywhere, and
> we have offered to pay Redhat to help us with our problems. Our problems
> were never solved, even though they seemed pretty straightforward from what
> I can recall.

That is a different problem and I'm not able to judge the quality of
RedHat's support, but one thing is for certain:
if you cannot ask a question correctly, support is very difficult.

Ciao
        racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices