[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Tue Sep 18 08:19:01 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, IC-Admin wrote:

I>>> You don't expect the people who drive cars to know how to build one from
I>>> scratch. You don't expect the mechanics who fix them to understand the
I>>> science behind them.
I>>> Even in the assembly plants, the bulk of the workers are following
I>>> blueprints, not understanding the science behind it.
I>>>
I>>
I>>Aaah, and the factory gives you the car for free ?

Interesting retort! It has nothing to do with his postulation.

I>>> As for paying money to redhat, there's no way I'm paying hard-earned money
I>>> for broken code in the hope that one day it'll be fixed.
I>>
I>>I could imagine that Red Hat would also no way want to give their
I>>hard-earned free time to a unhappy customer, who doesn't want to pay a
I>>dime, in the hope they can make him happy.

I interpret what he wrote as saying that if the code were not broken that he
would pay for some help. It's just an interpretation, and may be wrong.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, September 18, 2001 at 08:15 AM:
If money could talk, it would say goodbye.

This Linux System has been up 58 hours