[ic] Frustrated with IC 4.8

Tue Sep 18 09:03:00 2001

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> Jim Balcom <jim@idk-enterprises.com> writes:

> > Now THAT is ridulous!
> >
> > You want someone to change from a Ford to a Chevy because the sunroof
> > doesn't fit well in the Ford!
> >
> > Experienced Linux Sysadmins do NOT change distributions (easily). They pick
> > one, fall in love with it, and won't budge. I've been through most of the
> > major distributions, including RH. I come back to Slackware. My mentor tries
> > them all out. He keeps coming back to RH.
>
> <IMHO>
> Besides that Redhat may recommend the RedHat distribution for using
> Interchange, it is no way required for using IC. There are enough
> efforts from Redhat to support other OS's/distributions.
> </IMHO>

I have developed Interchange on Linux from the beginning, but I have
made many efforts to support all Unices, even attempts to support
Mac and Windows.

Someone posted about segfaults and core dumps -- those unfortunate
occurrences really don't have anything to do with Interchange; it has no
C code in it. That is a bad Perl port, usually.

If a portability problem is posted to Bugzilla, we pursue it as we can.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun