[ic] Please help with pgp issue, please.

Boyd Lynn Gerber interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 17:10:00 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 mheins@redhat.com wrote:
> Quoting Ed LaFrance (edl@newmediaems.com):
> > The whole issue of raw credit card numbers being stored on a web-accessible
> > server has been debated numerous times on this list.  RH has positioned
> > themselves firmly against it; others are more ambiguous.
> (Please note that the below is my personal opinion. I don't want to
>
> much deleted...
>
> Please just use the encryption. It is easy to configure modern mail
> clients for PGP, and you typically only have to input the pass phrase
> once per session. GPG is available free of charge, and client PGP is
> free or available at very low cost.

I agree about the use of encryption, but I am a real dunce getting it to
work with IC 4.8.1 and the foundation demo.  Every order I get with 4.8.1
based on the foundation demo has the phrase NEED ENCRYPTION ENABLED
encrypted.  I save the attachment and decrypt it and I get that wonderful
message.  In 4.6.5 I used this below.

ENCRYPTOR       /usr/local/bin/gpg -e -a -q --batch --no-tty
--always-trust -r gerberb@zenez.com 2>encrypt.error        Payment

How should these variables really be set to use gnupg.  I have tried
almost every combination I can think of.  It probably is very simple and I
am making it very complex.

For example I think these variables need to be set.

PAYGATE pgp
PAYGATE gpg
PAYGATE /usr/local/bin/gpg -e -a -q --batch --no-tty
--always-trust -r gerberb@zenez.com 2>encrypt.error        Payment

PGP
PGP     pgp
PGP     gpg
PGP     gpg     Encryption
PGP     /usr/local/bin/gpg
PGP     gpg     Payment,
PGP     /usr/local/bin/gpg      Payment

PGP_KEY the_public_key_generated_with_gnupg
PGP_KEY username@domain.com_in_the_gnupg_public_key       Encryption
PGP_KEY the_public_key_generated_with_gnupg    Encryption
PGP_KEY the_public_key_generated_with_gnupg    Payment
PGP_KEY	location_of_public_gnupg_key

In the UI
/usr/local/gerberb/.gnupg/gerberbpublic.gpg
or
/usr/local/gerberb/.gnupg/gerberb.pub

putting in the public key.

and every other combination I could think of.

/usr/local/interchange/.gnupg/pubring.gpg .

thanks,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044