[ic] IC 4.8.1 - 1st line is showing a blank line on one database.

Wed Sep 19 12:19:01 2001

Quoting Tom C (tomc@ikano.com):
> Hello.
>
> I have a few databases.  when I do a Loop search, the first item that is
> returned is empty.  The next line is then the first item listed in the
> database.  (The actual first line in the database are the headers.)
>
> Does anyone know why this first item is empty?

No way to tell without you showing us the loop search. 8-) I am
surprised you would post your question without that.

The default if searching a file is to set hs=1, but it is possible
to construct file-based loops that don't do that. There is a
head_skip option to the loop tag, but that only applies if you are
passing an arbitrary list and not farming out the row production to
the search modules.

You might also double-check that you don't have carriage returns in
your file....
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just
sit there." -- Will Rogers