[ic] Tree Help

Wed Sep 19 15:51:01 2001

I have a problem using the [tree] tag.  I made a table with two fields parent_fld and child_fld to use the example text in the ic dox, but even the simple example didn't display what I wanted.  The code is here, and it looks as though it SHould work under the circumstances..

Table:
parent_fld  child_fld
99  a
a   b
a   c
c   v
a   d
a   x
x   y
x   z
z   q
q   w
a   y
y   l
l   p
p   k
99  m
99  n
99  o
o   e
o   f
o   g

Code that is running off the table:

[tree
table=subcat
master=parent_fld
subordinate=child_fld
full=1
start=99
autodetect=1
]<tr>
                mv_level=[item-param mv_level],
                mv_increment=[item-param mv_increment],
                mv_children=[item-param mv_children]
[/tree]

This is the result I get:

                mv_level=0,
                mv_increment=1,
                mv_children=1
                mv_level=1,
                mv_increment=1,
                mv_children=0

Everytime I change it around, I only get the last parent in the table along with the very last child of that parent.  I don't know why it does this, there doesn't seem to be a tag that makes all pieces of the tree display.  Please someone shed some light on this for me..

-Brendan
Interchange