[ic] Backend order entry

Wed Sep 19 19:03:01 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 cfm@maine.com wrote:

>>It's useful for a client that might take **all** their orders
>>through their online catalogs, eg including phone, fax, email,
>>whatever orders.  The benefit for them is "single stream";
>>everything gets handled the same way. They can get order reports,
>>shipping, inventory all via intranet/web.
>>
>>We still don't enter any original data directly into the orders table,
>>but run everything through the catalog, sometimes automated with LWP::UA.
>>Keeping the order number unique and sequential and funnelling everything
>>through the same validation routines is just too useful an organizing
>>principal.

That is the ONLY way that I enter orders. If someone calls on the phone to
place an order, I hit the web page as them and put the order in. I also
charge them a $5 order processing charge for the manual effort.

It is so much neater and tidier to have everything in the same format for
order processing.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at 19:00 PM:
Smiley faces were meant to be annoying.

This Linux System has been up 92 hours