[ic] credit card info

Wed Sep 19 21:14:00 2001

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 12:28:33PM -0700, Ed LaFrance wrote:
> At 03:03 PM 09/19/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >I'm facing the same problem with version 4.8. I'm looking for a way to
> >process the orders offline via a physical credit card terminal. I have
> >not been able to do either one of two things, store the card number in
> >the order panel or have it emailed as part of the order notification.
> >
> >Please let me know if anybody has come up with a solution. I would
> >appreciate it.
> >
> >Regards,

I'm not sure what you mean by "physical credit card terminal".  Are
you keying in the numbers by hand?  Ouch.

> Very strange, this resistance to using encryption. You ask if anyone has
> come up with a solution to getting credit card numbers emailed to you.  The
> answer is yes; IC provides a very nice one:

You might back up a bit first.  Encryption applies to the channel but the
workflow has to be right too.  If you need to enter the charges to
a "physical terminal", look into electronic alternatives, perhaps you
can write a formatted batch file suitable for one of the typical dial
up cc processing method.  Once you figure out how you want the charges
to appear the rest will fall into place.

If your volume only supports emailing the orders and keying them in
manually, then encryption is fine.  That does not work well for
time sensitive orders or large numbers of transactions where some sort
of ssh/samba rig might be better.  That, however, implies certain
network architecture.

If all of this is off base, try to get clearer on the question.

cfm