DBD::Excel (was: Re: [ic] Help shop doesnt't work this morning :()

Wed Sep 19 22:53:00 2001

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (Racke) (racke@linuxia.de):
> mheins@redhat.com writes:
>
> [...]
> > >
> > > Yeah, and AFAIK there are DBI modules out for XLS files :-;
> > >

> > Yes, it even works with Interchange, but it is read-only. Same for
> > DBD::Xbase.
>
> Hm, why ? I remember a Debian package libdbd-excel-perl, which depends
> on libspreadsheet-parseexcel-perl _and_ libspreadsheet-writeexcel-perl,
> though the software is declared as alpha.

Yes, it does, but in my testing writes *appear* to work but don't.
The XLS file does not change, and even subsequent accesses to a modified
record don't reflect the update. Of course this may have changed by now;
I tested it with Interchange approximately 3 months ago.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer