[ic] Error while starting Interchange

Jason Osborne interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 05:43:01 2001

I added my first usertag today to parse xml data. Here is my problem:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "XML::Parser" at (eval 117)
line 47, <GLOBAL> line 118.
In line 118 of the configuration file 'usertag/ups_ad.tag': UserTag  ups-ad
Routine <<EOR

and a few snipped lines from my tag file:

my $hole;
BEGIN {
        eval {
                require Safe::Hole;
                $hole = new Safe::Hole; };
}
[...]
	my $parser = $hole->wrap(new XML::Parser (ErrorContext => 2, Style =>
"Tree"));
	my $xmlobj = new XML::SimpleObject ($parser->parse($response));

I tried it without Safe::Hole. It did not make a difference, same error.
Also, XML::SimpleObject ran without a glitch.

>From Catalog.cfg:

Require module LWP::UserAgent
Require module XML::Parser
Require module XML::SimpleObject
[...]
Require ups-ad ups_ad.tag

Just in case, I checked XML::Parser (Parser.pm) and the sub is there. Also,
the script runs fine on the same server as a stand-alone script. Any ideas
guys? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Osborne
Data and Telecom Network Solutions