[ic] Verisign, double, tripe charges, orders not going through IC

Thu Sep 20 15:07:00 2001

Quoting Ron Phipps (rphipps@reliant-solutions.com):
> I definitely agree that this seems like a bug in the Verisign client and
> I have contacted their support staff to see which steps to take.  It
> appears that they have taken steps to know when this occurs since we
> received the automated email that said to the effect "a response was
> never received and these transactions will not be fulfilled until you
> contact us".  Although it would be better if the transaction was
> automatically voided or never even accepted if the client does not
> receive the response, we then wouldn't have this problem.
>
> > Are you positive some portion of the client is not having some
> > basic system resource problem? What does a -12 error really mean?
> > 12 in the system error numbers is usually ENOMEM; is it possible that
> > your Interchange user ID is running out of memory on the system due
> > to quotas or some virtual server memory limitations?
>
> It could be a system resource problem, however it should not be due to
> any user restrictions.  The IC server is not running on a virtual server
> and it is only running this one catalog with each user having full
> access to available memory and disk space.  The server is a dual 450
> with 256mb ram.  We will be adding another 256mb ram tonight just in
> case this is the issue.

I doubt it; normally unless you are maxing swap on UNIX/Linux (not
likely, since you don't mention general speed problems) you would not
receive an ENOMEM. The only OS I have seen that on is BSD -- you don't
mention what you are using. If you *are* using BSD, IRIX, or some
classic System V variant, I would suspect signal problems. On Linux that
is unlikely in the extreme.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.