[ic] Credit Card info in order e-mail

Ross Cousens interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 20:01:01 2001

My feeling is if it was an upgrade from 4.6.5, then in 4.8.1 encryption for
credit card data is now compulsory, and by default is erased from memory
directly after the order is processed (this is handled by etc/profiles.order
I believe?). Interchange is compatible with GnuPG (GPG, an open source/free
implementation of PGP based on a non-patented algorithm), or PGP for
Linux/Unix. There are two directives in catalog.cfg, EncryptProgram and
EncryptKey, where you configure the program to be used for encryption, as
well as the key to be used for encryption. If it cannot encrypt correctly,
it will just send the first 2 and last 4 digits for identification purposes,
and it will say "NEED ENCRYPTION ENABLED". There are two documents I can
refer you to at this point: Section 11.4 of the Catalog Building Tutorial,
iccattut.pdf, and Section 3.24 of icconfig.pdf. If this doesn't help search
the archives as this has been a bit of a topic recently.

Regards,
Ross Cousens

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Anton van de Plas
Sent: Friday, 21 September 2001 7:46 AM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] Credit Card info in order e-mail

Hi,

My ISP just upgraded my Interchange to version 4.8.1.

When I do a test order with a credit card, I receive the following info in
the order e-mail:

Payment Method: Credit Card    Account Number: 41**1111      Expiration:
11/01

It does not show me the full credit card number like the older version did.
I cannot find any documentation on this. Could somebody point me in the
right direction.

Thanks

Anton