[ic] What Does it Take to Create Wizards

Zack Johnson interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 10:04:00 2001

The wizard feature takes the cake!  However, I'm having a hard time finding
documentation for it.  After looking at the "Commerce Launcher" it seems
like the following are the basic ingredients:

include/wizard_checklist
include/wizard_profiles
wizard/access
wizard/autoload
wizard/index.html
(any additional pages, like: wizard/step_one.html)

IN TABLE 'ichelp': HTML help for each step (e.g. wizard.step_one)

I have several questions regarding the above:

1) Are the names of the files/fields changeable?  e. g. can/should I use
'mywiz/access'? How about 'ichelp': mywiz.step_one?
2) I think I understand checklist.  If I don't want one, must I still have
the file?  I notice it calls wizard_profile
3) Profiles looks relatively straightforward.  However, what are all the
options that can go with [set][/set]?
4) What do 'access' and 'autoload' do?
5) The table-editor tag in 'step_company.html' from the 4.8 Commerce
Launcher looks profound.  Could someone walk us through it?

I'm pretty stoked about the wizard feature!  I greatly appreciate any
guidance.

Zack Johnson
Internet Manager
Standard Printing & Web Center