[ic] Admin Order Entry -> Order Routes -> Admin Logout

Tue Sep 25 15:40:01 2001

At 08:11 PM 09/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sun, 23 Sep 2001, Jason Osborne wrote:
>
>JO>>I have an issue that I've been trying to solve for a while now. In the UI
>JO>>when an admin places an order, it goes out and runs through the Order
>Routes
>JO>>and then goes to the receipt.html page. Problem is that when the admin
>tries
>JO>>to go back to the UI, he/she has to log back into the system. What part of
>JO>>the order route is causing the admin to be logged off?
>
>In 4.6, my guess has been that the logins are tied together between the UI
>and the store.
>
>If I log into the store as Fred Sanford, and then log into the UI as Jim,
>suddenly the login at the store is changed to Jim. If I log out of the store
>and then log back in as Fred Sanford (the memory of Redd Foxx lives on!),
>then Jim is logged out of the UI.
>
>Whether this is a bug or a feature, I can't say!

Actually, this is a rather significant bug which is causing more than one
problem.

The routing for a backend order (mv_order_route) is "log_entry main
copy_user", but for some reason IC is ignoring it in favor of the 'default'
order route, which is set (in catalog.cfg) to "log_transaction main
copy_user" - I have verified that processing is passing through this route,
though it should not be, for a backend order.  Not only does this log out
the admin's session, but it erroneously creates a new userdb record for all
transactions entered from the backend - a definite problem if you are
entering an order for an existing user.

The quick fix is to edit your catalog.cfg file and comment out all the
Route default entries like so:

# Route   default   master          1
# Route   default   cascade         "log main copy_user"
# Route   default   empty           1
# Route   default   supplant        1
# Route   default   email           '__ORDERS_TO__'

...then reconfig the catalog.  Backend order entry will then work
correctly, assuming you haven't hacked (or over-ridden) the mv_order_route
setting in VENDROOT/lib/UI/pages/admin/entry.html.  I'm not sure if this is
a source code issue (default route supercedes explicitly set
'mv_order_route' instead of the other way around) or just bad Route voodoo,
and I don't have any more time to spend on it today, but all those running
4.8.x will want to fix their catalog.cfg immediately.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax