[ic] search parameters se=I% and op=like not working after upgrade

Howard William Office National interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Sep 25 21:35:00 2001

Ed Wrote
>Post the relevant segment(s) of you error.log, otherwise no one has any
idea what the nature of the  problem is.

Ok nothing in any error log that I can find "interchange/error.log" or
"catalogue/error.log"

so I rewote my catalogue index page.
[data session arg] is a single letter and this works.

---snip---
[query interpolate=1 ml=999 list=1 sql="select title from product_index
where title like '[data session arg]%' order by title"]

	<ul>
	[list]
		<li><FONT FACE="verdana,arial,helvetica">
				[page href="scan"
							arg="sf=index
							se=[sql-param title]
							em=1
							ac=1
							tf=page
							tf=description
							to=f
							ml=10
							"][filter name namecase][sql-param title][/filter]</A>

	[/list]
	</ul>

[/query]
---snip---

the problem with this is that "se=[sql-param title]" does not expand into
the title but "[filter name namecase][sql-param title][/filter]" does.

I also discovered that some existing code in another site i wrote from
scratch based on minivend is now failing on a similar type of embedded tag.
	[loop search= |
		se=[value event_code]
		sf=type
		fi=events

	]

outsite the "loop" works in inside doesn't.

I have tried adding the interpolate=1 to no avail.

I am now running 4.8.2-01 rpm.

Cheers
Greg Heath
IT & T Consultant
Howard William Office National
P.S. why not visit our web site hwon.com.au for your office needs.