FIXED Re: [ic] Button problem

Matthew Schick interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Sep 29 20:44:00 2001

On Fri, 2001-09-14 at 15:50, Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
    > This should be the clue. The question is -- how does the button tag know
    > when to display an image and when to display text?

    This is exactly the same problem I reported in my message with the subject
    "Button usertag".

    What I found strange is that it finds the recalculate_button.gif but not the
    checkout_button.gif, even though they have the same prefix (__THEME__).

Just thought I would ad my .02 cents worth here.....

I've noticed the same behavior on the the basket page (or more
precisely, cart component), but only after hitting the recalculate
button.  The initial display is fine, but after that any graphic that
was displayed with the button tag simply evaporates and is replaced by
the plain button.

The answer is to change the recalculate button from:

<INPUT type="image" src="__THEME__/your_recalculatebutton_name.gif">

to:
<INPUT type="image" src="__THEME__/your_recalculatebutton_name.gif"
onClick="this.form.action='[process-target]', this.form.submit()">

Works like a champ for me now....

Matt