[ic] 4.8.2 core dump

Sameh Ghane interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Sep 30 09:19:01 2001

Le (On) Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 09:20:34AM -0400, mheins@redhat.com ecrivit (wrote):

> I think I know what this means -- the DB_File module is core dumping. I bet
> you could go back to low traffic mode if you removed:
>
>     Pragma dynamic_variables
>
> from templates/foundation/theme.cfg.

Doesn't work.

GDB indicates that perl cores dump at #0  0x2816a175 in setproctitle () from
/usr/lib/libc.so.4

Fine. The only place where perl uses setproctitle is in mg.c. I recompiled perl,
#undef'ining HAS_SETPROCTITLE, and now interchanges runs fine.

perl is still version 5.005_03 built for i386-freebsd.

If someone with more perl/interchange knowledge is interested in finding what
calls setproctitle with bogus arguments, go for it ;)

> I think I am
> going to have to put some hints in for BSD again, sigh....

BSD-developped software have the same problem towards linux...

--
Sameh