[ic] include GlobalSub in interchange.cfg

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 16:20:01 2002

> > I think you may have two versions of Perl installed on the same
> > machine.  Interchange could be using one and your external test
> > program could be using the other.  If IO::Socket::INET is only
> > installed under one of the two versions, then you will get the
> > problems you have described.
> >
> > Check the first line of your bin/interchange file and look for
> >
> >     #!/usr/bin/perl
> >
> > ...then check your test script to see if it's looking for Perl
> > in the same place.
> >
> An interesting speculation. The first line of bin/interchange is indeed
> #!usr/bin/perl which is a symlink that points to perl5.6.1. Substituting
> in the 5.6.1 makes no difference. In /usr/bin there is only one perl
> executable and a couple of other symlinks that point to it.
>
> My standalone globalsub didn't have such a first line but putting it in
> made no difference. However I did notice something as I checked these
> things out.

The magic string won't make a difference in a GlobalSub.

> I run my standalone version like this: "perl tcptest.pl".
> Could the fact that I'm invoking perl directly to run my script make the
> difference? Maybe it's got something to do with the way my shell is set
> up to handle perl executables?

Type the "type perl" command, which will tell you which perl being
run from the command line.  Either that, or add the "#!" magic into
your perl script, make it executable and type "./tcptest.pl".