[ic] Problem with IMAGE___DIR

Andrew Lietzow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 23:01:01 2002

Dear IC wizards,

Curt Hauge sent this URL
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=iccattut04.06
for the standard directories.  Thanks Curt!  I understood just darned near
all of it.

Timothy Burt posted his "Installation answers for IC 4.8.3 on Redhat"
message and following a complete removal and install using the Tarball, I am
NEARLY THERE!  My problem is with the IMAGE__DIR.

For some reason, the images aren't coming up.  I've tried to find where
__IMAGE_DIR is being set but to no avail. I know the value is assigned in
the catalog.cfg but there must be a pre-processor function going on before
this file is loaded, or so it seems. Where is the __IMAGE_DIR variable being
set?

You can see the image properties at
http://microanswers.net/cgi-bin/foundation

I did some digging in the archives and found Mike Heins recommendation:
<You can replace the __IMAGE_DIR__/ with [calc]$Config->{ImageDir}[/calc]>
I tried this but I obviously keyed something in wrong.  The script does not
handle this function well, for some reason.  (Discovered by right clicking
and checking out the image's properties.

Any one have any clues as to what my next step should be?  I hate to start
all over because it seems I am close... Maybe I'm missing a ln -s routine of
some kind?

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.