[ic] copying catalog and setup - simple question

linuxdev@musicalheritage interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 11:03:00 2002

<    1) Archive the directory hierarchy under the VirtualHost's
<       DocumentRoot and install this on the new machine.
This has been done.
<
<    2) Copy the cgi-bin link program from the old machine to
<       the new one.  If the two machines use a different OS or
<       architecture then you may need to compile the link program
<       on the target machine.  You said that you got the
<       "Interchange server is unavailable" message, which would
<       seem to indicate that this step is complete.
Is this the compile_link script?  I ran that.
There is SOME explanation on some of the interchange/bin scripts in the
advanced topics document.
<
<    3) Copy the Catalog directive from the old machine's
<       interchange.cfg file to the same file on the new machine.
These are already there because of the full archive.
<
<    4) Restart Interchange.
Interchange starts and stdout does not produce any error messages.  The
databases connect no problem.
<
<--
<
I get the:
We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
message in my web browser even when interchange is not running,
so I know this message is almost meaningless for debugging.

Is there any documentation that describes something similar to what
I want to door at least explains these scripts in interchange/bin
compile_link

Am I supposed to use configdump to generate a configuration driver file?
I am sure I am missing something very simple.

configdump
config_prog
dump
expire