[ic] copying catalog and setup - simple question

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 15:45:01 2002

> <
> <    2) Copy the cgi-bin link program from the old machine to
> <       the new one.  If the two machines use a different OS or
> <       architecture then you may need to compile the link program
> <       on the target machine.  You said that you got the
> <       "Interchange server is unavailable" message, which would
> <       seem to indicate that this step is complete.
> Is this the compile_link script?  I ran that.
> There is SOME explanation on some of the interchange/bin scripts in the
> advanced topics document.

Yes - compile_link is correct.

Type "./compile_link --help" to get a list of options.
You need to build with the correct socket file (UNIX mode)
or the correct host/port (INET mode).  Without these being
correct, you'll get the message you are seeing.

Also, if you have selected vlink (UNIX mode) then make sure
that the installed executable file is owned by the Interchange
userid (some people use "interch"), has execute permission
and has the set-uid bit set.  If the vlink cannot open/write
to the Interchange socket, you will get the message you are
seeing.

At least, by getting that message, you know that you are
able to execute cgi-bin files.

> Am I supposed to use configdump to generate a configuration driver file?
> I am sure I am missing something very simple.

No.  You don't need to use that.