[ic] Checkout form mail lists functionality

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 06:30:01 2002

> I'm somewhat perplexed at the "Mail lists" form field on the checkout page
> of the foundation template.  I'm referring to the four lists that are
> available for subscription:
>
>     "Special Offers"
>     "Newsletter"
>     "Alerts and Recalls"
>     "Upgrades"
>
> I may be interested in using these mail lists, but haven't been able to find
> a way in the admin UI to manage or even send messages to these mail lists.
>
> Does Interchange have mailing list management functions built in?  Is the
> idea to store each user's subscription preference so that the list can
> easily be exported to another mailing list management tool?
>
> I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me as to the intended
> purpose, usage, and usefulness of this mysterious feature.

The Foundation demo has no facility to send emails to a mail list
and the facility is unlikely to be added in future versions.

Foundation stores the mail list preferences in the mail_list column,
in the userdb table.  You should be able to select a list of
rows that have a value in the mail_list column and use the email
address information in any way you see fit.