[ic] Different total in backend then total in receipt and cc charge

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 23:55:00 2002

We are working on bringing a new site live this week.  About an hour
before we were set to launch we noticed that a test order had been
placed that had a problem.  The weird thing about this test order was
that in the backend and order history the order total was stored without
the Shipping included.  Here are the relevant columns from that order:

code		subtotal	shipping	salestax
total_cost
TEST0073	2.16		10.52		1.01		3.17

As you can see the total_cost = subtotal + salestax instead of
total_cost = subtotal + salestax + shipping.  Where things get ever
weirder is that the total_cost used in the Shop Owner Receipt and the
value that was sent to Verisign has the correct value of 13.69.

I'm having a hard time understanding how the value was correct for the
verisign charge (which happens before the order is placed in the
database) and order receipt, but was incorrect for the logging to the
database.

I have only seen this problem happen in 1 our of 77 test orders and have
been unable to reproduce the steps to make this happen.  If someone has
seen this problem or if someone more familiar with the core can
elaborate on how this could possibly happen I'd be interested in hearing
what you have to say.

Thanks for your help,
-Ron