[ic] Different total in backend then total in receipt and cc charge

Kyle Cook interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 01:51:01 2002

At 09:03 PM 4/3/02, you wrote:
> > From: Ron Phipps [mailto:rphipps@reliant-solutions.com]
> >
> > We are working on bringing a new site live this week.  About an hour
> > before we were set to launch we noticed that a test order had been
>placed
> > that had a problem.  The weird thing about this test order was that in
>the
> > backend and order history the order total was stored without the
>Shipping
> > included.  Here are the relevant columns from that order:

<SNIP>

> > If someone
>has
> > seen this problem or if someone more familiar with the core can
>elaborate
> > on how this could possibly happen I'd be interested in hearing what
>you
> > have to say.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > -Ron
>
>Oops, I sent before sending all the relevant information.  Here is our
>testing environment:
>
>Redhat 7.2
>Interchange 4.8.3
>Perl 5.6.1
>All Perl modules installed
>Using UPS WWW Lookup
>Catalog is custom built
>Low Traffic (for development only)
>Verisign
>
>We have not experienced any environment issues with this installation.
>Error logs are clear of any errors when the order was placed and the
>tracking.asc shows the correct total_cost.
>
>-Ron

My guess would be a problem when the shipping was requested from UPS.

I may be wrong as I don't use the UPS WWW lookup, but I believe that
everywhere shipping and or total_cost are calculated (ea page, email,
database save, etc..)
that a lookup is performed, and that it happened to fail in your case in the
database append.

Again this is just my guess.

Kyle