[ic] Questions from a new user

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 12:47:00 2002

> I have just started to look at Intechange - and have had the
> common problems installing and making things work, but now it
> looks a bit better. What is the best way to start building a new
> store? One of the guides says there are other templates
> available, but I can't find any.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ulf Holt

If you installed foundation, you have a pretty good start. Foundation is a
template for you to study. You can make new templates in UI, or outside of
UI. Download your /templates/leftonly and open it up. Its parts are in
templates/foundation/regions.

If you looks at these, they will explain how to create you own templates.
All you need is html, ofcourse ITL and SQL will make the dynamic, as opposed
to static, but that stuff is all in the templates, open them up and cut and
paste what you need.

Buy the docs, or download them. The mail list archives have a lot of working
code, you just need to search for it. and there is a forum, that is
searchable also.

Paul