[ic] Re:Slow Checkout and Recalculate

Ray Alikhani interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 18:04:01 2002

>Quoting Ray Alikhani (ralikhani@xetranetworks.com):
>
> Hello all,
>

> We are running IC 4.8.3 on RH 7.1. The catalog is the default
> foundation store template. The site is super fast until you click
> checkout. Thereis a 15 sec delay until it processes the request. The
> catalog is using mysql for the database. We recreated another catalog
> without mysql and we do not have this problem. Does anybody have any
> ideas???

#This just means you have no (or a slow) internet connection out. The
default system uses WWW lookup for shipping via UPS.
#
#To temporarily stop this, do in mysql:
#
#	mysql> update country set shipmodes = '' where code = 'US';
#
#Then when you decide what ship modes you want for the US,
#set it back to the appropriate modes.

Thank you for your input. I have to agree that it is a shipping issue,
however the server is on a fractional DS3 with plenty of bandwith
available. Do the shipping methods differ if you setup with mysql? If
so, how can we set up shiiping to query a zone file rather than  WWW
lookup. I have attempted to do this by 1). Adding UPSZoneFile
products/450.csv to the catalog.cfg  2). Downloading the appropriate
zone file from UPS and naming it 450.csv 3). Restarting interchange.
This however, is not working. Is there a step tha I am missing? Thanks
for your help.

Regards

Ray

Xetra Networks