[ic] Ranking System

Jim Webster interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Apr 5 20:40:00 2002

I'm building a ranking system and wondering what the best way to go about
placing/adjusting members.  I'm using IC/MySQL.

Example:
Rank 1: Member_One
Rank 2: Member_Two
Rank 3: Member_Three
Rank 4: Member_Four

What I need the system to automatically do is adjust these ranks on the fly.
For instance, if Member_Three removes their account, I need Member_Four to
automatically move into Rank 3.  I also need to be able to allow new members
to join and automatically take the last "Rank #" which is somewhat undefined
as new members can join everyday.

I'd like this to possibly be in it's own table... is this possible and/or
does anyone have suggestions for me on how to go about accomplishing this?

Thanks.

Jim Webster