[ic] New Interchange Site

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 22:56:01 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of D Zhang - msi
>
> Hi, Ron:
>
> I like your drop down manu bar. Could you please pass me your code and
> advice how to implement it? My email is dzhang@mtspring.com
>
> Thanks
>
> Have a nice day
>
> David Zhang
> mtspring.com

Hello David,

We use a program called DHTML Menu Builder:
http://software.xfx.net/utilities/dmbuilder/ to generate the compiled
javascript which is compatible with a range of browsers.  The drawback
to this system is the menus are now built by the database and the
javascript is static.  This means you need to recompile the code each
time you add/edit/delete a menu item.  The other negative aspect is the
program which creates the code only runs on windows.  The company has
posted that an XML driven version will be coming soon... when that comes
out we will build a component that generates the XML that the menu
builder will read in :)

See ya,
-Ron

This
> > site is running on IC 4.8.3 in RPC Mode on top of Redhat Linux on a
Dual