[ic] Automatic field updates...

Jerry Brady interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 11:02:59 2002

Fellow ICers:

The catalog I'm currently working on includes two item modifiers.  Both
of the modifiers must be completed for each user at checkout.  On my
checkout page, I'm using the following code to display free-text fields
for these modifiers to the user:

[item list]

<INPUT TYPE="text" name="[modifier-name pou]" value="[item-modifier
pou]">
<INPUT TYPE="text" name="[modifier-name charge_to]"
value="[item-modifier charge_to]">

[/item list]

At present, this works great.  The user can edit the values for each
line item as they wish.  The data is automagically saved and reloaded
anytime "Recalculate" is clicked.  The post-processed checkout page
renames these fields to pou0, pou1, put2, etc.

The POU and Charge-To values are the same most of the time and I want to
save the user some typing by building some brains into the checkout
page.

Is it possible to set up the checkout page so that when the user types a
modifier values for an item, the modifier values for all the subsequent
items on the page are automatically changed to the same value?  Has
anyone done anything like this before?

I think it would be quite cool if I can pull it off.  Any guidence or
help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Blue Circle Technologies	 office: (810) 231-2126
http://www.bluecircletech.com	 mobile: (586) 344-4812