[ic] New Interchange Site

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 12:19:59 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Michael Stearne
>
> Here's a good cross-platform, cross-browser version of Javascript
menus
> that work on every platform I've tried it on (Mac, Linux, Win).
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

I did not see a link in your message, I'd like to check it out, would
you care to repost?  My message should have also read "The drawback to
this system is the menus are *not* built by the database and the
javascript is static."  This code does run on Mac, Linux, Windows, it's
just the application which generates the compiled javascript only runs
on windows.

Thanks,
-Ron

> Ron Phipps wrote:
>
> >>From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
> >>
> >[mailto:interchange-
> >
> >>users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of D Zhang - msi
> >>
> >>Hi, Ron:
> >>
> >>I like your drop down manu bar. Could you please pass me your code
and
> >>advice how to implement it? My email is dzhang@mtspring.com
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >>
> >>Have a nice day
> >>
> >>David Zhang
> >>mtspring.com
> >>

> >Hello David,
> >
> >We use a program called DHTML Menu Builder:
> >http://software.xfx.net/utilities/dmbuilder/ to generate the compiled
> >javascript which is compatible with a range of browsers.  The
drawback
> >to this system is the menus are now built by the database and the
> >javascript is static.  This means you need to recompile the code each
> >time you add/edit/delete a menu item.  The other negative aspect is
the
> >program which creates the code only runs on windows.  The company has
> >posted that an XML driven version will be coming soon... when that
comes
> >out we will build a component that generates the XML that the menu
> >builder will read in :)
> >
> >See ya,
> >-Ron

<-- Snipped -->