[ic] Coordinated searches over multiple fields

Mathew Jones interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 19:52:01 2002

I am trying to constuct a coordinated search in the following way:

<input type=hidden name=fi value=products>
<input type=hidden name=st value=db>
<input type=hidden name=co value=1>
<input type=hidden name=tf value=title>
<input type=hidden name=to value=f>
<input type=hidden name=em value=0>
<input type=hidden name=ac value=1>

<input type=hidden name=sf value="price">
<input type=hidden name=se value="0.00">
<input type=hidden name=op value="ne">
<input type=hidden name=nu value="0">

<INPUT type=hidden name=sf value=":*">
<INPUT type=text size=25 name=se value="">
<input type=hidden name=op value="rm">
<input type=hidden name=nu value="0">

When a single word is searched for, the search finds everything in the
database that contains the search word, that does not have a price of
0.00. My problem is when two words are searched for. What I would like
is for the results to contain all records which contain BOTH words
anywhere in the record, and does not have a price of 0.00. Right now it
only returns results which contain both words next to each other with a
price of 0.00.
Also,  I would like the search to ignore punctuation, therefore if
someone types "Amys" it matches "Amy's" in the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mat