[ic] silly little thing - adding columns to products.txt

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 13:01:00 2002

I have added 2 columns to my products.txt file: "length" and "width" and
I changed "size" to "height". I did it by stopping the [ic] server,
creating a backup of products.txt, adding the new columns in the top
line with tab separators, saving products.txt with interch as owner and
group, deleting products.gdbm and finally restarting [ic].

I did this once before and lost my whole catalog to a nasty crash
because there was an index file called products.txt.10 which is just
column 10 and I had added a column before 10 which invalidated that
index. Sure glad I don't make dumb mistakes like that anymore! I also
made sure there was no data in columns to the right of the columns I
added or I would have had to tab space it out to the proper place. Like
most things it's easy when you do it right but hard to do it right.

Anyways, I caused my new columns to appear in fields on the product edit
page and they were way too long so I meta-edited them down to a cute
size and now I have a column of 4 skinny widgets each taking up their
own line on my product edit page. It would sure be nice if I could get
them to all appear on the same line but I don't know if that's even
possible.

So how can I cause some edit widgets to all appear on the same line on
the product edit admin page?