[ic] IC support for paypal IPN for order status update (payment confirm)

Colin Hill interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 19:17:01 2002

Has anyone implemented IC support for the paypal IPN mechanism so as to
enable confirmation of payment (and order status change on this basis)?

I have sifted through the archives and it seems that many people have
implemented paypal payments support through simply adding a paypal form
to the order completion page. There is further discussion of completing
the order through IC, then if the paypal payment method is selected,
redirecting through the paypal site for payment processing. This too
seems relatively simple, although I'm not yet entirely comfortable with
IC's implementation of embedded perl, or familiar with the public
methods IC makes available for DB access, etc.

There was a great deal of discussion in the first half of 2001 of
building in paypal support as a module in the IC distribution as early
as version 4.6 but this never seemed to materialize. IS there a module,
or example code for implementing generalized paypal support?

Also, and perhaps more importantly, has anyone implemented support for
paypal Instant Payment Notification?

What I'd like to be able to do is Receive and process the IPN
notification then based on the result, update the order status from
'awaiting payment' to 'pending' or something similar.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Colin