[ic] Software to use with IC?

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 21:37:01 2002

> - creating printable invoices to ship with orders (I currently
> use MS Word
> and copy/paste)

I don't see why you couldn't copy order_view, then strip out the Red hat top
and bottom, customize it a bit with your own logo, then just print from your
browser

> - keeping track of what actually needs to be shipped to a
> customer and what
> they need to be charged in the case of order changes (I currently use pen
> and paper)

You will have to be more specific, are people changing their order after
they order?

> - keeping track of which customers need to be contacted about
> what (pen and
> paper)

You will have to be more specific. Is the customer requesting a "call back"
or are you opting to contact them based on what they order.

> - keeping an organized record of expenses and income (I *have*
> Quickbooks,
> but I don't use it yet)

It will integrate with quickbooks. There are people doing it now. I will be
doing it in a while too. However, your shortest route may just be with Red
Hat, I am sure they have done it before.

> What do you guys use to accomplish things like this?  How well do they
> integrate with IC?  How well does the IC to Quickbooks export that I've
> heard about work?
>
> -Grant

Myself, I would always try and get it done with IC first, and if the result
is not satisfying, then look elsewhere.

Remember Admin can be custmoized too. For instance, when the people who
fullfill my orders log on to admin, I have a " *P*"  (in red) appear next to
all the orders that are to be shipped Priority. This way, they don't
overlook those little details.

hope I helped

Paul