[ic] really simple question

Chris Schaub interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 18:44:01 2002

--- Brendan Crosser-McGay <brendan@paymentonline.com> wrote:
> Believe it or not, you can make a text entry field as an option on a product
> IN the IC Admin.  All ya gotta do is make an option on a product using
> simple or matrix options, whichever you want.  Then go into Matrix options
> and select the option to be turned into a text entry field.  If you have
> gone through the right menus and everything you should be on a screen with a
> LOT of little fields for that option.

> One of them is called Widget Type, change that to Text Entry or Text Area,
> whichever is more appropriate.  And now, change your option types back to
> simple.  Now Viola!  You've got a product option that is a text entry field.
> Only thing you need to make sure of is that you have atleast ONE value
> listed on this option (even though the value will not be used).
>
> The text field will be rather long and I haven't yet figured a way to fix
> this in the IC Admin yet, but as far as functionality goes, it works great
> for me :)

After I create one of these text options, It seems to disappear from the matrix
options main scree--so I can't edit it. This is really confusing, but I
appreciate your help. BTW, what is o_master ? I know option master, but how is
it different from the other field which is the option affiliation. Thanks for
your help.

=====
Classical Guitar - Location Recording
http://www.schaubguitar.com